Whelping Pack – Mucus Extractor / Cord Scissors
This kit has been assembled from the requests of our customers, We are fully Registered and Inspected members of The Kennel Club assured Breeders Scheme (UKAS Product Certification 4602), certificate Number 3188020. We have a wealth of breeding and rearing experience gathered over many years, but still feel that changes and improvements are ongoing and have completed several Veterinary CPD (Continued Professional Development) courses to help in this. We specialise in all breeding and whelping requirements, we only use the highest quality products the vast majority have been tested by ourselves.
All whelping kits come in a sealed bag keeping everything clean and together until ready to use it.
- 1 x Sterile Umbilical Cord Scissors – For cutting the cord
- 9 x Sterile Alcohol Wipes – Sterilising instruments and thermometer after use
- 1 x Sterile Stainless Steel Forceps – Clamping of the cord should it be required
- 2 x 5g Sterile Lubricating Jelly Sachets – Help loosen the puppy/kitten when delivering and to and to place on the thermometer during temp check
- 1 x Kidney Dish – Keeping all instruments together and to hand and use to clean down mum afterwards then throw away!
- 1 x Digital Thermometer and storage case – Record temperature on the PDF chart that is included
- 5 x Sterile Cord Clamps (single wrapped) – Pinch off umbilical cords in an emergency
- 1 x Sterile Mucus Extractor – Suck out fluid from puppy/kittens nose and throat.
- 1 x 30ml Iodine – Put on cord as soon as born to prevent infection
Please note all sterile items are packaged as single use items only! Many breeders ourselves included will often re use the items for more than one litter. We just re sterilise all instruments before each litter.
- Additional Information