Beaphar Soft Cat Flea Collar - Sparkle - 30cm
Beaphar Soft Cat Flea Collars contain an insecticide that kills fleas on your cat and prevents their return for up to 4 months. Effective and comfortable, Beaphar Soft Cat Flea Collars provide fashionable flea control, and can be adjusted to fit any cat. Suitable for cats and kittens over 12 weeks of age. Complete with silver bell. colour may vary from those shown
Do not remove the collar from the blister until ready for use. Fasten around your cat’s neck (coloured side facing outwards), leaving enough room to insert 2 fingers between the collar and neck. Do not fit too tightly, to ensure against irritation, but do not fit too loosely, or the cat may be able to get a foot or tooth under the collar, in an attempt to remove it, and become caught up. Remember to periodically check and loosen the collar if fitted onto a growing cat. Cut off any collar sticking out beyond the buckle. Wrap this cut-off in a bag and throw it in your dustbin. Keep the empty blister card for reference until the collar is thrown away.
Storage: Do not store above 25°C.Warnings: You should not use this collar if your cat is less than 12 weeks old, is sick or getting over an illness. Do not allow the collar to come into contact with pregnant or nursing cats. In all of these cases, use a flea comb or speak to your vet. Do not use any other flea control products on your cat whilst using this collar or within 7 days of removing it. Leave room between the collar and your cat’s neck to allow for growth and to prevent irritation - if skin irritation does occur, remove the collar straight away. Never allow any animal to chew the collar. Do not use after the expiry date stated on the label.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. For animal treatment only. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling the collar. Do not smoke, eat or drink while handling the collar. Do not allow children to play with the collar or to chew and suck on it. A pet wearing a flea collar should not sleep in bed with people, particularly children.EXTREMELY DANGEROUS to aquatic life. Do not contaminate ponds or other watercourses with the collar. Dispose of excess collar length, the used collar and empty packaging in the household refuse.
- Do flea collars stop working if cats go out in the rain?
- No, flea collars should still remain effective if pets get wet. The active ingredient is bound within the substance of the collar and, under normal weather conditions, should not be affected.
- Can a cat wear one of these flea collars all of the time?
- Beaphar flea collars for cats are designed to be worn all the time, with a few exceptions: Cats under 12 weeks old (soft collars/6 months old (plastic collars), nursing or pregnant cats, and those treated with other insecticides should not wear a flea collar. If a spot-on, or other insecticidal treatment, has been used, may be possible to put the flea collar back on after a period of 7 days, but do check the spot-on label first. If the cat develops any signs of skin irritation, or signs of drowsiness, listlessness, or respiratory difficulties soon after fitting the collar, take it off immediately.
- How do flea collars work?
- Flea collars work by slowly releasing the active ingredient, which has been impregnated into the collar material, over a long period of time. The active ingredient then slowly spreads around the body surface of the pet in the natural oils of the skin and coat. Fleas that come into contact with the active ingredient are killed.
- How long does it take for flea collars to work?
- The flea collar will become effective from the moment it is fitted to the pet. It will begin to kill fleas immediately, however it may take several days for the active ingredient to spread throughout the whole coat. Once fitted, the collars are designed to prevent fleas for up to 4 months. The perception of how well the collar is working will depend upon the level of flea infestation in the household. Fleas spend most of their life-cycle not on the pet, but in the home environment. If this source of reinfestation is not effectively treated, newly-hatched fleas will still bite family members and will reinfect the animal. Customers will need to use a good household flea spray, such as Beaphar Defest or Beaphar Extra Long Lasting Household Flea Spray, to treat carpets and soft furnishings in all rooms that the pet has access too.
- Beaphar Soft Cat Flea Collars contain permetherin. Isn’t this highly toxic to cats?
- Applied to a cat in high concentrations, such as a spot on, permetherin is extremely toxic. However, when used in a slow-release format (such as a collar), the concentration of permetherin in contact with the cat at any given moment is very low; below the so called “no effect level”. As such, permetherin flea collars are safe to use on cats. Beaphar Soft Cat Flea Collars are fully licensed veterinary medicines. This means that it is not just Beaphar saying they are safe to use, but also the independent vets and biologists at the Veterinary Medicines Directorate.
- Additional Information