ABNOBA’S COMPLETE Whelping Kit – Best Seller 173
This kit contains all the items we consider essential to have when preparing for whelping/queening. All instruments are medical grade and when stated sterile are sealed in clean packaging and supplied in date. We have not included many items that we would call ‘standard household items’ as this would only increase shipping costs.
All items supplied have been used by ourselves in whelping and over the years we have used everything supplied below (not always in one whelping but it’s better to have some of these things and not need them rather than not have them).
- 1 x Sterile Stainless Steel Scissors (Blunt/Blunt for safety) – Cutting cord should you need to alot of mums dont chew cord after deliverying.
- 9 x Sterile Alcohol Wipes – Clean instruments in-between use. This is our prefered wipe for cleaning medical instruments, it provides superior anti-microbrial properties over the standard 70% Sani Cloth (which we find too dry) has more liquid content providing a better clean, the chlorhexcidine gives added protection killing germs after the alcohol evapourates.
- 1 x Sterile Stainless Steel Forceps – Clamping of the cord before cutting should it be required. We find these useful if our girl has a retained placenta but puppy has been born with cord attached to plancenta so we clamp close to mum so we can cut the cord and to stop placenta going further inside.
- 2 x 5g Sterile Lubricating jelly sachets – Help loosen the puppy/kitten when delivering and to also place on the thermometer during temp checks.
- 2 x Pairs of Gloves – should be worn at all times when giving assistance to the mother to prevent infection.They allow good sensitivity and are Ideal choice for anyone who is allergic to Latex.
- 1 x Kidney dish – keeping all of your instruments together and to hand while helping to deliver and/or putting placenta’s in after each puppy/Kitten even useful to use to clean down mum afterwards then throw away!
- 1 x Digital Thermometor with storage case – 12 – 24 hours prior to giving birth, the mother’s temperature may drop. (Normally at least One degree drop indicates labour starting) Record temperature on the PDF chart that is included.
- 5 x Reusuable Cord Clamps – Pinch off umbilical cords in an emergency. We leave these on for for about 20 minutes or so until we feel bleeding has stopped. (We dont leave puppy with mum while clamp is on we put on heatmat to help dry cord, so mum cant pull at it)
- 1 x Sterile Bulb aspirator – Suck out fluid from puppy/kittens nose and throat.
- 42 x Tyvek Bands (Paper like Material) – Easily identify puppies, Width can be cut in half to make two bands for smaller/younger breeds or even joined together for larger/older puppies. (Total 4 coloured bands per puppy when cut in half) * Please check daily and change as required, NOT Reusable
- 1 x Clinell Antibacterial Hand Wipes (Alcohol Free) The most effective antibacterial hand wipe available. These highly effective individually wrapped hand wipes clean and disinfect hands in one easy step without the need for soap and water. The patiented formula impregnated into the wipe is proven to kill 99.999% of germs in a little as 10 seconds and continues to work for a further 24 hours. Clinell hand wipes can be used effectively on soiled hands to remove dirt as well as sanitising. Wipe Size: 20cm x 20cm
- 1 x Sterile 2ml sterile Syringe – Feeding fluids/Milk to mum or puppy if needed (Not all puppies are strong enough to take to a bottle straight away)
- 1 x Sterile 5ml sterile Syringe – Feeding fluids/Milk to mum or puppy if needed (Not all puppies are strong enough to take to a bottle straight away)
- 2 x Disposible Aprons – Keep your clothes clean while assisting delivery – Some of the fluid from deliveries will stain clothes and carpets.
Our feeding syringes are perfectly suited for feeding small animals, normal 2 and 3 part syringes have lubricant coating on the inside, once when reused this coating gets washed away causing the syringes to jam. The syringes we supply for feeding use have a different design, they won’t last forever but they won’t jam then release suddenly risking your precious newborn aspirating milk or other liquids
How to syringe Feed – Squeeze a bead of milk onto the tip of the syringe and touch on the animals tongue. This should feel like a nipple and trigger swallowing, in which case continue until the animal seems content.
Be prepared to repeat this every 2-3 hours until the animal is strong enough to feed from a bottle.
Abnoba Pet Store is not responsible for mis-use of any products sold, if i any doubt please consult your vet.
*All sterile items are packaged as single use items only! Many breeders ourselves included will often re use the items for more than one litter. We just re sterilise all instruments before each litter.
*For hygiene and safety reasons this item is non-returnable.
- Additional Information