Norbrook Liquid Life-Aid Oral Solution 960ml
Liquid Life-Aid is intended to be used in its diluted form.
For oral use, to reverse the process of dehydration and electrolyte loss associated with scours in calves and pigs (and also now known to be used with dogs and newborn puppies) whether due to nutritional, bacterial or viral causes.
Liquid Life-Aid is also indicated as an aid in recovery from pregnancy toxaemia and reversal of hypoglycaemia in sheep.
- For oral use, to reverse the process of dehydration and electrolyte loss associated with scours in calves and pigs whether due to nutritional, bacterial or viral causes. Liquid Life-Aid is also indicated as an aid in recovery from pregnancy toxaemia and reversal of hypoglycaemia in sheep.
- This approach to the treatment of scours in calves and pigs allows the animals intestinal absorptive mechanisms to remain functional. This maintains the absorption of sodium and water into the blood and a reversal of the dehydration process which is the major cause of death in scours.
- A “must have” for any dog owner or breeder expecting a litter, can be given to females during whelping, and bottle or tube fed to dehydrated puppies for up to 24 hours then added to your own puppy formulas. (Breeders also add this to readymade formula’s) We then add to puppy’s water when older.
- Rapid treatment to help rehydrate adult dogs.
- MUST BE DILUTED PER MANUFACTURES INSTRUCTIONS WHICH ARE ON BACK OF BOX. MAKES 12 LITRES OF SOLUTION.
We were recommended this a couple of years ago when we had tried everything to save our 9 day old puppy that we were hand rearing. Our puppy went down very quickly and badly dehydrated even after given fluids under skin. Vet said we were doing everything we could at the time to try to keep him going until i spoke with another breeder about the life aid. After giving Harry the life aid mixture we noticed the difference in him within that feed. We carried on with the life aid mixture for 24 hours then added to his milk and he has grown up to be a healthy Dogue De Bordeaux. Since that litter we would never be without this in the cupboard at all times as it is rapid treatment of bitches & puppies
clear yellow aqueous, concentrated solution of the following composition.
Glucose Monohydrate 30.6675% w/v
Sodium Chloride 5.375% w/v
Sodium Propionate (Vet) 0.2625% w/v
Potassium Dihydrogen Orthophosphate 2.5425% w/v
Glycine 3.875% w/v
Purified Water to 100% v/v
Liquid Life-Aid is intended to be used in its diluted form. On reconstitution the available ion concentrations are as follows:
Sodium 79.0 mmol/litre
Potassium 15.0 mmol/litre
Phosphate 15.0 mmol/litre
Propionate 2.18 mmol/litre
Chloride 73.5 mmol/litre
Glycine 41.3 mmol/litre
Dextrose 123.78 mmol/litre
- Additional Information
Write Your Own Review